Tallinn Study Visit 10-14 June 2019 02 July 2019
In the course of improvement of the Beneficiary’s relevant staff capacity concerning implementation of NIS Directive and member state practices, which is one of the expected results of the project, a study visit has been organized on 10-14 June 2019. In this direction, a 3-day programme on IT Law and NIS Directive has been planned with contributions of consortium partner eGA.
Below topics were focused during the study visit:
- Cyber security management in Estonia
- Coordination and regulatory mechanisms when implementing NIS Directive in Estonia
- Estonian e-government solutions
Below institutions were visited and relevant issues were addressed by experts in these institutions within this scope:
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Interior
- Ministry of Justice
- State Info-Communication Foundation (RIKS)
- State Information System’s Authority
- NATO Centre of Excellency (CCDCOE)
The study visit provided participants with information on Estonia's experience in implementing the NIS Directive. In this sense, the participants had a detailed knowledge of the advanced digital government works and the main coordination mechanisms in the implementation of the NIS Directive in Estonia. In addition, problems by implementing NIS Directive that may be useful in the context of Turkey have been identified.
The study visit was completed successfully.