Workshop on Cyber Security, NIS Directive & Other Topics 15-19 April 2019 29 April 2019
In the course of improvement of ICTA's relevant staff capacity concerning implementation of NIS Directive and member state practices, which is one of the expected results of the project, a workshop on cybersecurity, NIS Directive and other related topics has been organized on 15-19 April 2019. In this direction, lectures on below topics have been given by IT Law and NIS Directive experts.
- Measuring and Assessing Cybersecurity
- Turkey’s Current National Policy Papers, Regulations and Practices on Network and Information Security
- NIS Directive
- EU Member States’ National Strategies, Legislation and Practices
National Legal Advisor, has made introduction to below topics:
- Concepts and elements of cyber security at national level
- Digital governance
- Cyber security topics
Cyber security, network and information security issues are explained as one of the leading issues of Turkey’s both political and legislative agenda, as the rest of the world. Necessity of an inter-disciplinary view which includes law, public administration, and IT governance for transformation of cyber security has been indicated.
NIS Cybersecurity Strategic Advisor from e-Governance Academy (eGA) has attended as lecturer. The topics below have been explained in detail:
- Global cyber security index and
- eGA National cyber security index
- Cyber security elements
- Turkey’s position according to cyber security indicators
National Legal Expert, has explained NIS Directive and analysis of the relevant Turkish legislation and national policy papers. Following explanations on obligations imposed by the NIS Directive for the implementation of countries, below topics have been explained in detail:
- Scope of NIS Directive and main principles
- Operator of Essential Services (OES) and Digital Service Provider (DSP)
- Formation of National Strategy
- National and International Cooperation
- Obligation of Notification
The workshop continued with explanation of Analysis of the relevant Turkish legislation and national policy papers and explained below topics in detail:
- Network and Information Security in Turkish Legislation
- Network and Information Security in Electronic Communication Sector
- Examination of Other Legislation Provisions.
Solutions and recommendations for the implementation of the NIS Directive in Turkey have been discussed.
Legal Advisor from eGA, explained the main components of NIS Directive in detail. In this scope, below topics have been mentioned:
- National strategies
- National authorities, national cooperation
- Security of digital service providers
National cyber security strategies, legislation and practices of EU member states have been overviewed. Transposition of NIS Directive and member states - which have implemented NIS Directive into their legislation successfully – have been explained in comparative method.
The workshop has been executed with strong cooperation of project coordination team of ICTA and KMO and eGA consortium. The workshop has achieved the objectives and has been completed successfully.